Monday, March 22, 2004

Place humorous red text here


Recently Theo Epstein regained a lot of the respect he held in my eyes before he made 5 consecutive poorly considered waiver claims recently. Reporters say that Theo was on the field in Ft. Myers when cheerful a cappella music began playing in the background. Epstein stroked his chin thoughtfully, then popped a Mento and his face lit up as he said "Heyyy....wait a minute! Tony Womack sucks!" He therefore traded Womack to the Cardinals for grade D+ 29 year old "prospect" Matt Duff, a spectacular failure of a player with 5.2 major league innings under his belt. I heartily endorse this trade, seeing that Tony Womack could theoretically bring the team down for 140-160 games, while Matt Duff can only ruin at most 100 or so innings for us. It's the lesser of two evils.

Remember wayyyyyy way back in the past when I claimed that the Sox needed to win the division or face the very real possibility that the wild card would come out of the West? No? That's cool, I tend to avoid reading my old posts too, I definitely went through some growing pains before I became the only slightly below average Internet journalist I am today. Next stop: Mediocrity.

Well, Peter Gammons has recently echoed the statement, noting that any of THREE teams in the AL West could theoretically win 100 games. It's probably fatalistic to assume that the Sox don't have much of a chance at the wild card berth, but it's setting me up for a lot less heartache than harboring insane illusions that my team is one Alfonso Soriano away from contention.

Nothin' else much to report in Sox land. Leiber's out till May apparently now. Hopefully he and Trot get caught bar hopping together or something. I could use some excitement around here.

Kids doing an internet search for Half Assed Job for a school project will hopefully be sent here, this update would make a great example.


No comments: