Saturday, May 29, 2004

Kyle's 34th blog posting spectacular!!!!!!


Record: 30-18

What's up folks? Everyone have a nice week without my posts ruining their lives? Awesome! Sorry for the delay, but we here at ECA have a surprise coming up soon, and it's not the same kind Mike gave to those middle school girls outside the playground that landed him in jail for 3 months.

"But Kyle!!" both of my fans are screaming "What happened with that mean old Aaron Gleeman?!" Well I'm glad you asked. Not a day after I posted regarding our young Master Gleeman's attacks on us and on decent blog posting in general, he wrote back to me
Thanks for signing up for our mailing list! You've heard about these pills on TV, in the news, and online and have probably asked yourself, "Do they really work?" The answer is YES! IGF2 is a powerful erection enhancing product that will create erections so strong and full that over time your penis will actually grow as a direct result! If you would like a more satisfying sex life then IGF2 is for you!
Whoops! Wrong letter! Not that I ever received that letter. MOVING ALONG
Hi Big K -

I just came across your blog entry from today, with a little something about me near the end, and while you have deduced that you're the guy I'm talking about, I'm sorry to say that there isn't actually a guy I was talking about.

The "New York Mets blog with 20 readers" is not an actual blog, but an example of the hundreds of team-based blogs out there that I either don't read or am not aware of. I just picked a semi-random team, which ended up being the Mets mostly due to their large amount of blog coverage (I see from your links alone that there are more than a dozen). Anyway, not that it'll stop you from bashing me, but I just thought I'd chime in.

I don't remember if we had some sort of issue in the past, but I can see that you guys aren't particularly fond of me, my writing, or my "'Please pay me to write 70,000 word posts about how much of an internet celebrity I am'" paypal buttons," but your ire here is misguided.

If you just don't like the way I do things, that's cool. If it is something more specific than that and you feel like addressing it outside of your blog, let me know.

See ya,
Aaron

PS - I live upstairs during the summer, not in the basement, and we don't have a cat (so no litter box).
Okay, so maybe I leapt to some hasty conclusions. Aaron's an okay guy, I got no particular beef with him. Although that "If you feel like discussing it outside of your blog, let me know" crack sounds a lot like a invitation to rumble, if you ask me. You wanna go, buddy? I'll mess you up.

I kid, I kid. Aaron buddy, you're all right in my book. Cosette's still a hack, though.

Let's check in with a few of my personal fave Sox players:

  • Manny Ramirez: Manny's not hitting for a great average lately, only .278 over the past 7 days, but he's got three homers and every single one was CLOCKED. That first one he hit over The Monster landed in our house and broke a lamp, which of course I got blamed for.


  • Nomar: Nomar's taking his sweet-ass time coming back from a sore Achilles. Prior's going to make it back before he does at this point. Arn Tellem, Nomar's agent, recently sent out another press release talking about how Nomar wants to stay here and he thinks it'll happen. Maybe the Dodgers don't want to shell out a multi-year deal until they see you actually play well for a year? Transparent agent-speak. I hate it.


  • Derek Lowe: My fantasy team's ERA lives in constant fear of Boy Wonder, and for good reason. Even at home, the man looks simply awful. And his "Oh it was a mechanical problem, I fixed it!" crap, combined with 2 dollars, would buy you a cup of cheap coffee at Starbucks. How smart must Scott Boras look now for rejecting a 3 year, 24 million dollar deal?


  • Pedro "Good Enough" Martinez gave up 4 earned runs in 7 innings tonight, getting the win thanks to a convenient Grand Salami from David Ortiz. 9 k's was nice, but he gave up two more homers that were absolutely tomahawked 88 MPH fastballs. That's 9 homers given up by the man who gave up 7 last year. TROUBLE.


  • Kevin "Youks" Youkillis:
  • The people saying that Youks is going to pull a Wade Boggs and steal the third base job away from Mueller are crazy, but the kid is walking and hitting for a fairly high average, which makes Mueller's loss to Arthroscopic "Old People's" knee surgery a little easier to bear. Still no power from him, however.

    Speaking of David Ortiz, which I did about three paragraphs ago so this isn't a real smooth transition, anyone worrying about clubhouse chemistry or whether the big guy is really as nice as he seems should give this a look-see. That place is still the love-fest it used to be, it's just not as obvious with Fatso trying desperately to get the phrase "Cowboy Up!" taken seriously or his horrifying karaoke video seen.

    It's easy to have great chemistry when you've won 8 of the past 10 though. The team's firing on all cylinders still, here's hoping it keeps up for a long time.



    No comments: