Thursday, January 22, 2004

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


Oh you've GOT to be fucking kidding me. I refuse to say another word about this, I don't care if it goes through or not, who's mad, who's hurt, who's getting their knob polished to make this deal go through, I just don't care. This deal destroyed an entire month of my life where I did nothing but sit in front of the computer constantly hitting the "refresh" button on SOSH looking for updates. I hate you, baseball.

For the less astute/tall of the people who write here, I'd like to remind you that Pokey Reese was acquired to help close up the gaping, yawning hole that existed on the right side of our infield last year, considering two of our pitchers (Kim and Lowe) are extreme groundball pitchers. Reese was a decent signing, teams that score over 900 runs can afford a glove man at second base. Team that come in second to last in their league in runs scored (you beat the Dodgers, YAYYYYY) should probably stick to signing guys like Vlad Guerrero.

Looks like Ortiz and the Sox exchanged arbitration numbers, Ortiz wants 5 million, we were willing shell out 4.25. I say pay him the 5 million, he's worth it for the year. However, signing the big guy to a multi-year contract would be a bad, bad idea. He's had some serious injury problems in his past with Minnesota, and signing big fat first basemen to long contracts has proven to be an unwise decision for some teams. Not going to name names though, I'm better than that.

And, uh...hmm. I had thought there was enough interesting stuff going on to merit a posting. Life's funny like that sometimes, huh?



No comments: